if you’re waiting in line for an iPad 2, save me a spot.
This week — and this year, for that matter — there has been a lot of talk about ‘mobile payments’. Many of the top companies (read: banks) are scrambling to catch up, as startups like Square and Venmo have pretty much revolutionized the way that B2C — and even C2C — transactions are made.
Square was in the news this week, boasting “$1 million mobile payments per day”. Which didn’t sit well, with the top credit card processor, VeriFone. Here is the story, told with links.
And now, the rest of the news…
Design // Develop
- Twitter Will Shut Off GeoAPI To Developers
- 8 Essential Web Typography Resources
- Adobe Debuts ‘Wallaby’ Prerelease Flash-to-HTML5 Converter
- Introducing the Google APIs Explorer
- Google frags fragmentation with Fragments API for older Android versions
- Apple revises App Store policy: password required
Apps, Apps, and Additional Apps
- Google Voice will be updated for Motorola Xoom, Honeycomb
- EasySign iPhone app halts the print / sign / email cycle, trees everywhere celebrate
- You’ve got better things to do than wait in traffic
- WinAmp Goes 1.0 for Android
- It all started with a check-in: the vision for #4sq3 and beyond
- This Year, Do Your Taxes On The iPad With TurboTax
- Samsung Stealth V 4G LTE smartphone finds a name that fits
- Harris Interactive: Tablet users more likely to transfer sensitive data than smartphone users
- Grab a Nexus S at Best Buy for a Benjamin
- Motorola Xoom update rolling out tonight, Flash Player 10.2 coming soon